“Inclusive good quality education is a foundation for dynamic and equitable societies.” ~Desmond Tutu
The excellent educational system and student curriculum in Australia is undoubtedly one of the best in the world. To continue with its prestigious legacy of imparting quality education, it is very important to assess the students. This assessment helps the Australian education system excel further and work upon the areas of concern. The NAPLAN is one of the most important performance assessment tests for students in Australia.
- What Is NAPLAN?
NAPLAN stands as an acronym for National Assessment Program- Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN), conducted to assess acquired educational skills of students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9. This nationwide competency assessment test introduced in 2008 is conducted by ACARA and screens the reading, writing, spelling, grammar and numeracy skills.
- Why Is NAPLAN So Important?
NAPLAN is used by all education facilities in Australia to determine whether the Australian students have the rudimentary literacy and numerical skills to help them seek further education.
Being such a crucial part of the Australian curriculum, the NAPLAN is a major reason for anxiety in numerous parents. As it is fundamentally different from other assessment tests, hence the preparation is also unique.
Rather than cramming or memorizing information, it is important that students develop the skills tested with the help of NAPLAN practice tests, NAPLAN online practice and past year question papers.
- How To Study Smart For NAPLAN ?
NAPLAN is not certainly not your regular assessment test, hence its preparation needs special attention but certainly not your excessive drilling of information. Studying smart with the help of NAPLAN practice tests is one of the best ways to ace your NAPLAN at various levels.
Here are some smart prepping ways for the upcoming NAPLAN.
- Trying to develop an all round know-how of the literacy and numeracy content of the Australian Curriculum along with NAPLAN practice tests is the best preparation for NAPLAN.
- Being well informed about the test formats, guidelines, question structure, time limit and is extremely important.
- Familiarizing with test format with proper guidance and extensive NAPLAN practice tests.
- Develop a healthy communication channel with your child’s teacher at school. This will help you keep a proper track of your child’s skill development and academic achievements.
- With helpful insights from the teachers in school, parents can work on the areas of development using specified NAPLAN practice test sets.
- Instilling the love of learning in children helps them learn and develop their basic literacy and numerical skills better.
- Rather than forcing them to memorize, challenge the students with fun and innovatively configured NAPLAN practice tests. They aid in a better and clearer understanding of concepts.
With Selectivetrial’s NAPLAN practice tests topping your NAPLAN tests becomes very easy. These NAPLAN practice tests from Selectivetrial have been meticulously curated and designed by subject matter experts of the Australian Curriculum. Being totally aligned with the present NAPLAN test format, these practice tests make the students confident and exam-ready.
To access further information on Selectivetrial visit us at Selectivetrial.com.au.